Character isn’t very important in our dating scene anymore. It used to be you would know the girls a guy dated before he approached you. You would hear the stories of how he treated them. You would know if he’s worked since he was ten or if he plays basketball for hours every day after school. Our dating market has somehow managed to isolate dating from character. Character was something that made him very attractive.
Now it depends on how handsome he is, how confident he seems in the moment, how he treats you. You have no idea what his past looks like except for what he tells you. All you get is a few glances in a bar, or you meet him at college away from his community and family, or you meet him at a job hours away from his people, away from the people who know him.
The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior
I remember my Grandpa recommending a boy for me to date once, it didn’t work out between us, but he was a good guy and I appreciated the help. New boys seem so mysterious and exciting, but character should be important. We lose a lot when this isn’t taken in account when choosing a person to marry for life. Try to find a guy and learn about his character, meet his family, his friends, his people. See what they think about him and trust them. Put a little more weight on them than on your feelings of excitement and attraction. If you get a bad report, walk away. Don’t get so caught up in the rush of attraction and infatuation you forget what you’re doing. Guard your hearts and wait, choose carefully.
Signs of Character In A Man:
1. Does he have self-control?
2. Does he spend his time wisely?
3. Is he patient?
4. Is he kind to others?
5. Is he loving in a self-less way?
6. What are his past relationships with women like?
7. Look closely at his father, many men copy their fathers throughout their lives, even unintentionally.
8. Is he good.
9. Is he happy, angry, or stressed out. What is his general attitude? Is he at peace or is he battling the world?
10. Does he avoid people from his past or does he hang out with them? How do they act around him? Do they trust him?